life is beautiful

Welcome

Welcome to my blog .
I hope you will take time off to take a dip into all that this blog has to offer.
Let this be your oasis when you are stressed out, or your mirror that reflects life back to you.
I Am
K.Geethanjali

Higher Self

Higher Self
The Universe

Friday, March 25, 2016

Life had become very hectic after the Chennai floods.All Saturdays were working Saturdays to make up for the lost forty school days and I had never really found the time  to unwind.
There always was something that needed attention,school work to finish, the house to be cleaned up,mail to be checked- the list was endless. 


The Easter weekend came as a respite and on Good Friday I woke up to a leisurely cup of tea and a glorious sunrise. But soon my mind kicked in and I was caught up in the usual  rush to complete work,I finally got some time in the evening to sit  in the balcony over looking the lake . It was then that I saw a group of cows ambling on the way home at sundown.My impatient mind urged me on to go to the kitchen to rustle up some snacks,as it was used to a" get into the next moment' sort of existence  and could not bear to see me relax.
But there is something very soothing in the sight of cows going home at sundown.
Some of their serenity and beingness made me stop.They were in no hurry whatsoever.They just stood there, tails swishing, enjoying the end of the day, drinking in the moment-just being and going where life took them.
It took them a good half hour to move from the shed to the main road and another half to cross the road over to the fields at the other side. All this while I too remained at the balcony, still and intent.Something of their serenity rubbed itself on me and as I went in finally, I could really enjoy making my cup of tea.I could now understand why the Japanese have their tea ceremony!

I had always wanted to experience samadhi and that evening  I had been given a glimpse of it.
So the next time I need to unwind, I know where to look-at the cows!